Teachers can save time by creating a template for a Directed task. The template can be used with a chapter or topic to quickly create a directed task with the same structure as the template. The template can also be shared with other teachers in the school.
Creating a task template
To create a new task template:
- Select the Create option from the Task manager screen or from the dashboard view.
- Choose Template from the options.
- Give your test a name and a description.
- Follow the instructions in Directed Tasks to create the directed task. The template will not require the topic to be selected. This will be done when the templated task is assigned.
- Saved templates will be indicated by a * symbol and can be found in the my templates tab.
Using a task template
To use the template:
- Select it from the My Templates tab.
- Select the Assign option.
- In the Assign window you can choose the chapter, topic, or multiple topics.
- For multiple topics, use the menus to select the first topic and the Add topic button to add it to the list. Repeat for all other topics. Topics can be removed from the list by clicking on them in the list.
- Fill in the Task Name field.
- Select the class and students you want to assign the task to. Multiple students can be selected by holding down ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) as you click the student’s name.
- The task will now appear in the Assigned Tasks tab where you can monitor the progress of students.
- Your Template will stay in the My Templates tab where it can be used to create other tasks.
Sharing a template
To share the template:
- Select it in the My Templates tab.
- Select Share.
- Choose to share the template with all teachers in the school or individual teachers.
- Once your template is shared, your colleagues will be able to access it from the Shared Templates tab and create tasks using it.