Adding user information into a spreadsheet.
We want to help you add your students into the system quickly and without issues.
Adding school members into GO is easy.
- Click on School Profile on the top right side of your screen.
- When your school dashboard appears Select the tab Manage users.
- Click Download user data template (CSV 1MB)
- Once the spreadsheet is downloaded you will see a message to let you know that a file has been downloaded, click to open the file. If the message does not appear please open your downloads folder to access the file.
- Please add the following information about the users you’re uploading First name, Last name, email address, password and user role into the spreadsheet.
- After you finish populating and saving the spreadsheet go back to the manage users' area and click Upload user data.
- When the Upload user data screen opens click select a file to upload from your computer and locate the file you want to upload.
- After you select the file, you will be taken back to the Upload user data screen, and you will be able to see information about the users you’re uploading.
- In the scanning block you will be able to see the status of the upload (complete, incomplete).
- In the overview block you will be able to see information about the users you’re uploading. The total number of users, administrators, teachers, students, valid or invalid users being uploaded.
- If there are errors go back and check the spreadsheet for data that might be incorrectly formatted (as per list below) and re-upload the information.
- Email is not properly formed
- First/last name cannot be empty
- Password must be minimum of 8 characters, containing 1 letter and 1 number
- User role must either be "admin", "teacher" or "student", or a combination of those roles, separated by comma.
- After you click upload X users you will be taken back to the screen with information about the users in the account and you’ll see a message in the top of the page “This usually takes 10-15 minutes but during busy times this can take 2 hours. We will email you when all your accounts have been created and you will be able to view these accounts in the table below. You may need to hit the ‘Refresh Table’ button for new users to appear. If you have any questions, please get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org”
Now let’s look at what you can do in the account’s dashboard
- You can sort the users in your school alphabetically by selecting the arrow next to the field you want to organise for example “First name”
- You can export the information in your dashboard by clicking Export as spreadsheet
- You can search for members by adding their information in the search members area
- You can move to the next page by clicking the arrow at the bottom of the page.
Please Contact Us if you have questions or need support.